This is my space of freedom.... my own private island, if you will.... you either like it or you don't....

Monday 23 May 2011

So.......Where are you from?

In all my experience, it’s really easy to tell when a guy is interested in a chick or not. It’s the facial expressions and the body language (obviously), even the awkward conversations and the silence.

Back in the day, when I was a teenager, I got hit on all the time. (I’m talking 16-19 years old). I hardly get hit on anymore, for some reason, but if a guy is interested and he doesn’t hit on me, it’s still pretty easy to see that interest coming through, whether it’s voluntary or not (from their side). Poor guys.

What I have noticed is that you instantly know if a guy has interest when you meet him for the first time and he does the ‘I’ve been hit my a brick’ body movement and facial expression. This is the winner. I recently noticed this with a guy I met and I will say he’s pretty fine himself, so for a chick, it obviously gives us the uttermost pleasure when you experience something like this.

You’ll also receive a look like ‘I-don’t-know-what-this-is-but-it-looks-really-interesting’, if you can imagine that facial expression. The ‘how-do-I-approach-it-at-all’ wary look. This, ladies, is the dead giveaway and you now know, there is definitely interest from his side.

I’ve also noticed that if they are really nervous around you and you’ve realised that they show interest, they don’t exactly know how or where to stand while in your presence. They become fidgety or if the two of you are left by yourselves, he would rather make random conversation with a friend he spotted than stand there with you and try to make conversation, because it’s just too dam awkward and if you’re lucky, he’ll introduce you to the people he has just greeted to make it less obvious.

Or, if you’ve lost the group while in the commotion of the dance floor, the bar and the bathroom and the two of you end up finding each other, you stand awkwardly. “So, how old are you?” is what they ask often (If I was a male, I’d come up with something more interesting, but anyway) and then the two of you stand there like idiots, waiting for one of the others and a few moments of awkward silence will go by.....”Have you seen so and so, I lost him by the bar, can’t see him” and when the other friends do pitch up, the awkwardness obviously subsides and the two of you feel more comfortable.

You just want to grab the guy and be like: “Look, I know you dig me, your facial expressions are dead giveaways, why waste any time and just do something’. Unfortunately it never works out like this because I would never have the courage to do that (unless I was so gatvol and seriously into the guy) and if I did, he’s probably be like ‘this chick is crazy’ or die of a heart attack on the spot.

The following experience happens to me all the time: You have a good guy friend who is clearly into you (he’s told all of his friends) and you meet one of his friends, who you have interest in. Bad and frustrating situation.
Now, because the mutual friend likes you, this other guy is obviously not going to make a move. Why would he want to interfere or step on anyone’s toes? Even if his interest is smack-bang-obvious. This, annoys the crap out of me, because it is an awkward situation and you know nothing will ever happen. I will admit that I have told the odd guy friend that I really dig their friend and as nasty as hat sounds, it sometimes works because they withdraw the attempt to drop that bomb on you (which potentially can ruin your friendship) but sometimes it backfires, leaving them to chase after you even more. You never really know what is going to happen. I suppose it’s the same situation with chicks. The guy has a best friend who is a girl (and who happens to be in love with him) but he doesn’t notice, because he’s noticed another one of her friends. Been there and that too, is quite kak.

Unfortunately I’m the type of chick who never makes moves. A) Because I am horrible at it and B) I believe if he is into me, he’ll make an effort. I know this isn’t fair and it puts all the pressure on the guy, but if you think about it, he will make a move if he is really into you, wouldn’t he? The pure fact that you could get snatched up by someone else before him, should be a good enough reason? This explains why I haven’t met anyone in my post code that I have ended up with; they obviously just aren’t that interested. It’s obviously a different situation if the two of you are clearly into each other, it should just happen, I rate. Hopefully I’ll experience that sometime this year.

So, watch the body language and the facial expressions. These poor guys really can’t help themselves and they can’t seem to hide it properly either. Whether they take it further, is completely up to them. They’ll be kicking themselves when they hear you have been taken by some other guy, strangely they never seem to learn though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment